Kyoto’s rich sake heritage makes it the ideal place to experience Japan’s famous drink. The breweries of Kyoto’s Fushimi district are famous for producing excellent sake.
Visiting a sake brewery and tasting session makes a superb food and drink tour in Kyoto.
Explore two of Kyoto landmarks Gekkeikan Sake Museum and the iconic Fushimi Inari Shrine. Experience cornerstones of Japanese culture – sake and Shinto – with a knowledgeable guide.
Enjoy sampling different varieties of sake at the museum and a boutique shop.
- Visit Fushimi Inari Shrine and walk through its famous red torri (gates)
- Learn about sake production in an atmospheric old sake brewery
- Taste sake at the museum and boutique shop with over 80 varieties of sake
- Discover the Fushimi district of Kyoto – famous for its sake – on this 3.5 hours guided tour
Explore Japan’s iconic drink on this sake brewery and sake tasting experience. Choose a tour between a working sake brewery, or a museum and former sake brewery.
Discover how different ingredients produce a variety of flavours. Enjoy a guided tasting session in one of Kyoto’s most renowned sake establishments.
- Sake brewery tour and tasting session at either Horino Memorial Museum or Matsui Shuzo
- Learn the history, methods and secrets traditional or modern sake production
- Sake tasting session to put your learnings into practice
- Become a sake connoisseur on this 1 hour professional guided tour
Combine sake tasting with a cooking class, food market visit and walking tour. Discover the best of Kyoto’s food and drink culture from a knowledgeable, expert guide.
Visit a sake brewery for a taster session and learn sake production.
- Varied tour sampling the best of Kyoto’s food and drink
- Walk the back streets and experience the bustling food and drink scene
- Taste different sake varieties and find out more in the brewery museum
- 3.5 hours popular Kyoto food and drink walking tour from an expert guide
Sake Tasting and Brewery Tours in Kyoto
Kyoto has a reputation for producing high-quality sake which continues to this day.
The Kyoto district of Fushimi is famous throughout Japan for brewing sake. Visitors to the Fushimi Inari shrine would be wise to take a sake tasting and brewery tour.
Plenty of clean water from its underground springs is the foundation of Fushimi’s sake. Today almost 40 breweries exist. The district has retained its character through the preservation of old brewery buildings.
A sake tasting and brewery tour in Kyoto is a journey itself to the heart of Japanese culture.