Discover Tokyo’s world-famous and extraordinary Tsukiji Tuna Auction and Fish Market. We’ve hand-selected the best tours to save you time to enjoy this memorable and unique experience.
Scheduled to close and move to a new site in October 2018, this is your last chance to visit. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to take a tour of Tokyo’s Tsukiji Tuna Auction and Fish Market.
Best Tsukiji Tuna Auction and Fish Market Tours
Top five rated Tsukiji Market tours and their main highlights. O = optional
|Tour||Tuna Auction||Fish Market||Outer Market||Sushi Tasting|
These five English-speaking tours are hand-selected and based on highest ratings and popularity. Only the ‘main highlights’ are in the table; all tours include other features. A brief description of the tour highlights:
- Tuna Auction: Exclusive and limited access to Tsukiji’s famous Tuna Auction. Watch the brokers inspect the tuna followed by the energy and excitement of the auction.
- Fish Market: See the most diverse range of fish and sea creatures at the world’s biggest seafood market. Soak up the atmosphere as 900+ vendors do business.
- Outer Market: Stroll around the bustling narrow lanes of the Outer Market. Shop, eat and drink at over 300 restaurants, food stalls, and culinary and retail shops.
- Sushi Tasting: Eat the freshest and most delicious sushi, all hand-picked by your professional guide. Sample some classic sushi dishes with an option to buy more.
More detailed information about each Tsukiji Tuna Auction and Fish Market Tours. Learn Tsukiji’s secrets and get insider information with professional, knowledgeable and English-speaking guides.
Join the ultimate Tsukiji Market tour to witness the energy and excitement of Tokyo’s premier Tuna Auction. Marvel at this once in a lifetime and rare experience to see the Tuna Auction with a professional, knowledgeable guide.
- Watch the brokers inspect the tuna for quality
- Observe the high energy and excitement of the Tuna Auction
- Walking tour of inner markets shops, stalls and fruit & veg
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for breakfast
- Learn about the activities & history of Tsukiji Market
- Optional add-on: Fish Market, Outer Market & Tsukiji Shrine Tour
Explore the renowned Tsukiji Fish Market with the option to include Tokyo’s premier Tuna Auction. Witness the hustle and bustle of the Inner and Outer Markets with a professional Tsukiji and Japanese food guide
- Experience the energy and excitement of the world-famous Tuna Auction
- Discover the most bewildering range of seafood at the Fish Market
- Inner Market includes: Fish and fruit & veg markets, and restaurants
- Explore the narrow streets and sample food at the Outer Market
- Optional add-on: Tuna Auction once in lifetime opportunity
Discover the delicacies of Tsukiji Market on this seafood lovers tour. Explore the maze of seafood stalls at the Fish Market and Outer Market.
- Sample a variety of seafood at the Outer Market’s vibrant stalls
- See the most bewildering range of seafood at Tsukiji’s Fish Market
- Uncover the rest of the Inner Market stalls: fruit, vegetable and kitchenware
- Learn about the culinary culture of Tsukiji Market
- Eat Tsukiji’s finest sushi and drink sake at an authentic sushi restaurant
Bring your appetite along to this food tasting and market tour of Tsukiji. Taste delicious seafood, drink sake and explore the Outer and Fish Market.
- Skip breakfast as the tour begins feasting on delicious food and sake
- Walk around the Outer Market’s maze of street food stalls, shops and restaurants
- Explore the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market and see its unique and diverse seafood
- See and taste food that you wouldn’t usually see
- Get the inside story of Tsukiji’s history and culture
Learn how to make authentic Japanese sushi from a master sushi chef in Tokyo. During this unforgettable private lesson, you’ll get a full picture of what it’s like to be a sushi chef as you work behind the sushi counter, wearing an actual chef’s uniform, at a famous Tsukiji restaurant established more than 90 years ago! Enjoy your creations for lunch (plus a couple of pieces made by the master chef) while listening to sushi secrets, conveniently translated by a fluent guide. You even get to keep the chef’s uniform and a few other souvenirs.
Sushi is one of the most popular Japanese foods for foreigners. It’s easy to eat, but it can be difficult to make. During this tour, you can learn how to make sushi from a professional sushi master. To be a sushi master, you have to practice for more than 10 years, but in this workshop, you will learn the simple in’s and out’s of making sushi, so you can make delicious sushi by yourself!
Enjoy this workshop where you will be presented with a whole fish and learn the process of cutting it so that it can be eaten as sashimi. At the end of class you will eat what we have prepared. All fish that you will be using are of a high-quality and are caught the same morning, so that their freshness is ensured.
Tsukiji fish market is the biggest seafood market in the world. Food of the highest quality is gathered from all over the world, not only fish, but also vegetables, fruits and other delicacies. This food tour starts in Tsukiji fish market, where you will be able to walk through the inner and outer markets and taste many Japanese foods such as fresh oysters, sushi, omelettes and more!
Afterwards, you will move to Asakusa, the most traditional town in Tokyo, and go to a traditional cafe with Japanese sweets. On this tour, you will learn the Japanese culture through Japanese food like locals do!
Start the tour with a visit to Tsukiji Shijo, the world’s biggest fish market, followed by a unique sushi making experience. Then continue on to Asakusa, an old-day pleasure district once filled with gangsters, geisha and artists. Asakusa is also a home to the city’s oldest Buddhist temple, Sensoji. You will begin to see a start contrast between the old and the new with Tokyo Skytree, the city’s newest landmark in the background.