Top of the list for many visitors to Japan is seeing a Geisha or Maiko dinner show in Kyoto. Highly skilled, elegant and wearing the most beautiful traditional dress; it’s no surprise Japan’s most famous entertainers are in demand.
In time gone by, only the wealthy and influential were entertained by Geisha and Maiko at Kyoto’s ocha-ya (teahouses). These days it’s easier and more accessible to enjoy ‘teahouse play’ consisting of song, dance and games.
We’ve hand-selected the best Geisha, and Maiko dinner shows for all budgets. From Maiko tea ceremonies to exclusive private Geisha and Maiko dinner parties, there’s a beautiful experience for everyone.
- Popular: Maiko Evening Dinner Shows with Kaiseki, Kyoto Cuisine & Unlimited Drinks
- Best Value: Maiko Shows with Dinner, Lunch or Tea Ceremony
- Private: Exclusive Geisha & Maiko Teahouse Parties with Kaiseki
Popular: Maiko Evening Dinner Shows with Kaiseki, Kyoto Cuisine & Unlimited Drinks
If you’re coming all this way, you may as well treat yourself to an unforgettable evening of maiko entertainment in Gion – Kyoto’s famous geisha district. And for added authenticity points, enjoy kaiseki Kyoto’s haute-cuisine style multi-course dinner, delicious local cuisine and all-you-can-drink.
Popular Maiko dinner shows cost around US$350 to US$400 for two people.
Maiko Performance with Traditional Kaiseki Dinner at Gion Hatanaka in Kyoto
For a classic night out combine a maiko show in Gion with a traditional kaiseki meal. No surprise this unforgettable and magical experience is the most popular dinner show.
- Enjoy an elegant dance and music performance by maiko and geiko
- Savour a multi-course kaiseki meal with unlimited drinks
- Speak to maiko and geiko while playing drinking games
- Take photos with you and the beautiful maiko
- Available Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat
- Duration: 2 hours
Maiko Performance with Traditional Kyoto-Style Banquet in Gion
Prepare to be enchanted like never before at this maiko performance at a traditional Japanese restaurant in Gion – Kyoto’s famous geisha district.
- Enjoy an elegant dance performance by two graceful maiko using fans
- Feast on a delicious banquet meal which includes sashimi, beef, ice cream and unlimited drinks
- Speak to the maiko with an English-speaking translator
- Play traditional party games – and if you’re lucky you’ll win a prize
- Take photos with the maiko and throughout the evening
- Available: Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun
- Duration: 2 hours
Maiko Evening Performance with Unlimited Drinks in Kyoto
Enjoy a magical evening of entertainment by a maiko at a traditional ochaya (teahouse) in Kyoto. Watch the maiko perform an elegant dance while you enjoy free-flowing drinks.
Up to 43% OFF group discounts!
- Authentic maiko dance performance
- Get a rare insight into the life of a maiko at an exclusive teahouse
- All-you-can-drink Japanese sake, wine, beer and soft drinks
- Speak to the maiko with the help of an English-speaking assistant
- Take photos with the maiko
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat
- Duration: 1.5-2 hours
Best Value: Maiko Shows with Dinner, Lunch or Tea Ceremony
To experience the wonderful world of the Geisha, you don’t have to break the bank. And it’s just as well, as no trip to Kyoto is complete without attending a dinner show or tea ceremony with Japan’s most revered entertainers.
Best value maiko shows cost around US$175 to US$275 for two people.
Maiko Dance Show, Dinner and Transport
Experience the real Kyoto with an evening of Maiko entertainment and dinner. Get whisked away for a memorable evening in Japan’s enchanted city.
All taxi transfers included for a hassle-free night out in Kyoto.
- Enjoy a Maiko dance performance and play party games
- Take photos of you with the lovely Maiko
- Tempura and seasonal dishes dinner
- Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Duration: 2-3 hours (including transport)
Maiko Tea Ceremony and Show in Gion
Enjoy a Japanese tea ceremony and show by an elegant Maiko. Combine two of Japan’s most famous attractions in the heart of Kyoto’s Geisha district.
Up to 72% OFF group discounts!
- Watch a Maiko perform a traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- Enjoy a Maiko nihon buyo (dance and pantomime) show
- Chat to the Maiko and take photos with her
- Sip matcha (green tea) and eat wagashi (sweets)
- Located in a traditional tea house in Gion
- Duration: 1 hour
Traditional Maiko Performance in Kyoto
Enjoy an afternoon of traditional Kyoto entertainment; a Maiko dance show and tea ceremony. Learn about these time-honoured Japanese customs from your host.
Choose from either a bento box meal or matcha (green tea) and wagashi (sweets).
- Enjoy a Maiko nihon buyo performance (dance and pantomime)
- Watch the Maiko perform a tea ceremony (green tea and sweets option only)
- Meet and talk to Maiko
- Photo opportunity with Maiko
- Lunchtime and afternoon slots available
- Duration: 1.5 hours
Private: Exclusive Geisha & Maiko Teahouse Parties with Kaiseki
Treat yourself to a once in a lifetime, luxury geisha and maiko experience. Enjoy ochaya-asobi (teahouse play) in an authentic Kyoto establishment usually reserved for members only.
Private geisha and maiko shows cost around US$1,700 to US$3,000 for two people.
Exclusive Private Maiko Experience and Dinner
Step into another world for an evening of luxury entertainment in Kyoto. Enjoy private Maiko entertainment in an intimate and authentic setting.
Learn about the hidden world of Geisha and Maiko over dinner.
- Enjoy two hours of private entertainment with Maiko: Shamisen playing, dancing and traditional games
- Access to a traditional tea house, usually not open to the public
- All-you-can-drink top quality Sake and other drinks
- Luxury Kyoto style dinner in a Geisha district
- Accompanied by a knowledgeable, professional guide and interpreter
- Duration: 4 hours
Sooner skip the dinner and spend private time with maiko at an authentic tea house? Enjoy two hours of entertainment with maiko with all you can drink sake.
The Art of the Geisha: Private Dinner in Kyoto
Discover the art and hidden world of Kyoto’s geisha and maiko. Get private access to a maiko at a restaurant in Gion, Kyoto’s famous geisha district.
Learn about the history and culture of these gifted Japanese artists.
- Enjoy an elegant dance and musical performance by a Maiko
- Speak to a Maiko and ask her questions while enjoying dinner
- Savour a delicious Kaiseki meal in a private restaurant
- Stroll through the Gion neighbourhood of Kyoto with commentary
- Professional English speaking guide and interpreter
- Duration: 3.5 hours
VIP Teahouse Banquet with Geisha in Kamishichiken, Kyoto
Join a private party with geisha and maiko at this ultimate VIP teahouse banquet. Enter the Geisha’s secret world for a night of pure luxury entertainment in Kyoto.
Get exclusive private access to a teahouse in the Kamishichiken district.
- Enjoy being entertained by a Geiko, Jikata (Geisha that specialises in music) and a Maiko
- Dine on the most exceptional Kyoto Kaiseki food with all-inclusive Sake and drinks
- An intimate evening chatting to Geisha, watching them dance and playing games with them
- Professional photography provided so you can relax and enjoy your evening
- An interpreter and host will guide you and translate
- Duration: 3 hours