Discover Tokyo’s world-famous and extraordinary Tsukiji Fish Market and Tuna Auction. We’ve hand-selected the best ten tours to save you time to enjoy your memorable and unique experience.
Scheduled to close and move to a new site in October 2018, this is your last chance to visit. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to take a tour of Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market and Tuna Auction.
Get insider information and learn Tsukiji’s secrets with professional, English-speaking guides.
Compare Tsukiji Fish Market Tokyo Tours
Top seven rated Tsukiji Fish Market tours (without the Tuna Auction) and their main highlights. Find out more about each tour below the table.
|Tour||Fish Market||Outer Market||Sushi Tasting||Sushi Making|
O = optional or maybe (see each tour below). These seven have achieved the highest ratings and popularity. Only the ‘main highlights’ are in the table; all tours include other features.
Best Tsukiji Fish Market Tokyo Tours
Here’s our pick of the best Tsukiji Fish Market tours (without the Tuna Auction).
Tsukiji Market is an excellent place to explore for food lovers, photographers and people-watchers and all the above. An expert English-speaking guide will take you around the colourful and dizzying array of fresh fish.
- 30% OFF Special Offer! Great value Tsukiji Market tour
- Discover Tsukiji’s famous fish market and the types of seafood
- Learn about the market’s history from a knowledgeable guide
- See the vegetable market and browse the Outer Market’s street vendors
- Recommendations for sampling the best of Tsukiji’s seafood
- Duration: 2 hours
Visit Tsukiji Fish Market – Japan’s largest seafood market – with a professional, English-speaking guide. Let the ‘Tsukiji King’ reveal all you need to know about the market, including intimate knowledge you will not find in guidebooks.
- Explore Tsukiji’s Fish Market with detailed commentary about the seafood
- Tour the Outer Market’s narrow streets and vendors
- Learn about the market’s background and history
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for after the tour
- Guided by the ‘Tsukiji King’ an expert with deep knowledge of the market and restaurants
Explore Tsukiji Market with a professional and experienced guide. See the whole Inner and Outer market areas with an insider.
Enjoy this intimate experience of Tokyo’s world famous seafood market and get behind the scenes.
- An extensive tour of the Tsukiji Market including Fish, Vegetable & Outer markets
- Visit Tsukiji Fish Market with expert commentary from a knowledgeable guide
- Watch the vegetable auction and gain insight into different varieties
- Highly regarded and knowledgeable guide
- Recommendation for the best sushi meal at Tsukiji
- Optional add-on: Tuna Auction
Bring your appetite along to this food tasting and market tour of Tsukiji. Taste delicious seafood, drink sake and explore the Outer and Fish Market.
- Skip breakfast as the tour begins feasting on delicious food and sake
- Walk around the Outer Market’s maze of street food stalls, shops and restaurants
- Explore the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market and see its unique and diverse seafood
- See and taste food that you wouldn’t usually see
- Get the inside story of Tsukiji’s history and culture
- Duration: 2.5 hours
Discover the delicacies of Tsukiji Market on this seafood lovers tour. Explore the maze of seafood stalls at the Fish Market and Outer Market.
- Sample a variety of seafood at the Outer Market’s vibrant stalls
- See the most bewildering range of seafood at Tsukiji’s Fish Market
- Uncover the rest of the Inner Market stalls: fruit, vegetable and kitchenware
- Learn about the culinary culture of Tsukiji Market
- Eat Tsukiji’s finest sushi and drink sake at an authentic sushi restaurant
- Duration: 3.5 hours
Become a sushi master at this sushi making workshop at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market. Learn from expert Japanese sushi chefs and Tsukiji Market insiders.
- Immerse yourself in Japanese cuisine and culture on this highly regarded tour.
- Discover the whole sushi making process at this masterclass
- Learn how to choose fresh ingredients at the world’s largest seafood market
- Tour Tsukiji’s Fish Market and Outer Market
- Enjoy an all you can eat sushi lunch
- Optional on the day: All you can drink sake
- Duration: 3 hours
Take a fascinating journey into Japanese cuisine on this combined Tsukiji Market walking and cooking tour. Gain insider insights at Tsukiji Market before making sushi at Japan’s largest cooking school.
- Learn how to make sushi from experienced chefs
- Discover the incredible and exotic range of seafood at Tsukiji Fish Market
- Expert-led tour of Tsukiji Inner and Outer Market
- Receive a gift and certificate
- Enjoy eating the sushi you made
- Optional: Tsukiji Fish Market only available on morning tours
Best Tsukiji Tuna Auction Tours
Top two rated Tsukiji Tuna Auction tours which also include other areas of the market.
Join the ultimate insider and only VIP Tsukiji Tuna Auction tour. Scarce opportunity to visit the fresh tuna auction. Includes hotel pick-up and no queueing or waiting.
Get VIP treatment throughout your tour from Tsukiji insiders.
- Exclusive access to the fresh tuna auction with no other visitors, only buyers and sellers
- Insider talk about the Tuna Auction and Tsukiji Market
- Tour of the Inner Market before it opens
- A supreme tasting session of tuna from the auction, plus sea urchin and oysters
- Hotel pick-up to Tsukiji Market
- Optional: Fish Market included depending on the day
- Duration: 4 hours
Join the Tsukiji Tuna Auction tour and witness the energy and excitement of the auction. Marvel at this once in a lifetime and rare experience and be one of the people who saw it before it closed.
- Watch the brokers inspect the tuna for quality
- Observe the energy and tension of the Tuna Auction
- Walking tour of inner markets shops, stalls and fruit & veg
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for breakfast
- Learn about the activities & history of Tsukiji Market
- Optional add-on: Fish Market, Outer Market & Tsukiji Shrine Tour
- Duration: 5.5-8 hours
|Tour||Tuna Auction||Fish Market||Outer Market||Sushi Tasting|
O = optional or maybe (see each tour below). These two tours have achieved the highest ratings and popularity. Only the ‘main highlights’ are in the table; all tours include other features.
A third option for seeing the Tuna Auction is 2. Private Tokyo Tsukiji Market Tour. This highly acclaimed tour includes the Fish Market and allows you to add the Tuna Auction.
A brief description of the tour highlights:
- Tuna Auction: Exclusive and limited access to Tsukiji’s famous Tuna Auction. Watch the brokers inspect the tuna followed by the energy and excitement of the auction.
- Fish Market: See the most diverse range of fish and sea creatures at the world’s biggest seafood market. Soak up the atmosphere as 900+ vendors do business.
- Outer Market: Stroll around the bustling narrow lanes of the Outer Market. Shop, eat and drink at over 300 restaurants, food stalls, and culinary and retail shops.
- Sushi Tasting: Eat the freshest and most delicious sushi, all hand-picked by your professional guide. Sample some classic sushi dishes with an option to buy more.
- Sushi Making: Learn how to make nigiri and maki sushi from top quality sushi chefs and Tsukiji insiders. After making your sushi, you can sit back, relax and eat them.