Discover Tokyo’s world-famous sushi with the 7 best Tsukiji Market tours. Get insider information and learn Tsukiji’s secrets with expert, Engish-speaking guides.
Tsukiji Outer Market is thriving and has dozens upon dozens of seafood restaurants and stalls. Far from being outdone by its new rival at Toyosu, Tsukiji Market is still ‘Tokyo’s kitchen’ and a must-visit if you’re interested in sushi and learning about Japanese cooking.
I’ve hand-picked the best Tsukiji Market tours to save you time to enjoy your experience.
1. Tsukiji Fish Market Food and Drink Walking Tour
Savour Tsukiji Market’s delicacies on this seafood lovers tour of Tsukiji Market. Have fun while you explore the maze of food stalls with expert commentary from a local guide.
Discover Japanese food cuisine and culture on this highly-rated tour.
- Sample a variety of foods, like fresh tuna, tamagoyaki (Japanese-style omelette), fried fish cakes and more
- Learn about Tsukiji Market’s culinary culture and history
- Stroll around the vibrant market and food stalls
- Eat the freshest sushi and drink sake at a restaurant
- Includes a variety of market food, sushi meal, sake, one bottle of water, and walking tour
- Location: Tsukiji Market
- Duration and start time: 3 hours, 8.30 am
2. Tsukiji (Old) Market and Toyosu (New) Market Food Tour
Get the best of both worlds on this food tour of Tsukiji Market and Toyosu market. See the contrast of Tokyo’s old and new fish markets and experience Tokyo’s seafood culture.
Savour tasty cuisine from the market and a sushi lunch on this food-lovers tour.
- Explore the vibrant seafood stalls of Tsukiji’s outer market – where top chefs, tourists and locals shop
- Try snacks like tuna, oyster, fried fish cake and Japanese green tea
- Eat an excellent sushi lunch with sake tasting
- See a diverse array of fish and shellfish like you’ve never seen before
- Explore new Toyosu – the world’s largest seafood market
- Includes seafood market tasting, sushi restaurant lunch with sake, a bottle of water, and walking tour
- Location: Tsukiji Market and Toyosu Market
- Duration and time: 3.5 hours, 8.30 am
Explore Tokyo’s Tsukiji Outer Market with a special sushi breakfast and food tasting. Get an insiders market view with your local guide.
Savour the freshest seafood and discover hidden gems on this ultimate Tsukiji Market tour.
- Enjoy a special sushi breakfast as you’ve never eaten before
- Try different seafood with food tastings in Tsukiji Outer Market
- Visit some of the 65 food and culinary vendors with an opportunity to shop
- Learn about Tsukiji Market with an expert guide
- Drink Japanese tea with wagashi (sweets)
- Includes special sushi breakfast, one drink, 4 food tasting stops with 10-12 dishes, and walking tour
- Location: Tsukiji Market
- Duration and start time: 3 hours, 9 am
4. Tokyo Fish Market Insider Tour and Sushi Workshop
Become a sushi master at this sushi making workshop at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market. Learn from expert Japanese sushi chefs and Tsukiji Market insiders.
- Immerse yourself in Japanese cuisine and culture on this highly regarded tour.
- Discover the whole sushi making process at this masterclass
- Learn how to choose fresh ingredients at the world’s largest seafood market
- Tour Tsukiji’s Fish Market and Outer Market
- Enjoy an all you can eat sushi lunch
- Optional on the day: All you can drink sake
- Duration: 3 hours
5. 30% OFF Explore Tsukiji Market Fun Tour
Tsukiji Market is an excellent place to explore for food lovers, photographers and people-watchers and all the above. An expert English-speaking guide will take you around the colourful and dizzying array of fresh fish.
- 30% OFF Special Offer! Great value Tsukiji Market tour
- Discover Tsukiji’s famous fish market and the types of seafood
- Learn about the market’s history from a knowledgeable guide
- See the vegetable market and browse the Outer Market’s street vendors
- Recommendations for sampling the best of Tsukiji’s seafood
- Duration: 2 hours
6. 10% OFF Private Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
Visit Tsukiji Fish Market – Japan’s largest seafood market – with a professional, English-speaking guide. Let the ‘Tsukiji King’ reveal all you need to know about the market, including intimate knowledge you will not find in guidebooks.
- Explore Tsukiji’s Fish Market with detailed commentary about the seafood
- Tour the Outer Market’s narrow streets and vendors
- Learn about the market’s background and history
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for after the tour
- Guided by the ‘Tsukiji King’ an expert with deep knowledge of the market and restaurants
7. Tsukiji Market Walking Tour and Rolled Sushi Class
Take a fascinating journey into Japanese cuisine on this combined Tsukiji Market walking and cooking tour. Gain insider insights at Tsukiji Market before making sushi at Japan’s largest cooking school.
- Learn how to make sushi from experienced chefs
- Discover the incredible and exotic range of seafood at Tsukiji Fish Market
- Expert-led tour of Tsukiji Inner and Outer Market
- Receive a gift and certificate
- Enjoy eating the sushi you made
- Optional: Tsukiji Fish Market only available on morning tours
A brief description of the tour highlights:
- Tuna Auction: Exclusive and limited access to Tsukiji’s famous Tuna Auction. Watch the brokers inspect the tuna followed by the energy and excitement of the auction.
- Fish Market: See the most diverse range of fish and sea creatures at the world’s biggest seafood market. Soak up the atmosphere as 900+ vendors do business.
- Outer Market: Stroll around the bustling narrow lanes of the Outer Market. Shop, eat and drink at over 300 restaurants, food stalls, and culinary and retail shops.
- Sushi Tasting: Eat the freshest and most delicious sushi, all hand-picked by your professional guide. Sample some classic sushi dishes with an option to buy more.
- Sushi Making: Learn how to make nigiri and maki sushi from top quality sushi chefs and Tsukiji insiders. After making your sushi, you can sit back, relax and eat them.