Discover Tokyo’s world-famous and extraordinary Tsukiji Fish Market and Tuna Auction. We’ve hand-selected the best ten tours to save you time to enjoy your memorable and unique experience.
Tsukiji Fish Market & Tuna Auction (together known as the Inner Market) will move to Toyosu Market on 11 October 2018. Tsukiji’s Outer Market (sushi restaurants and food stalls) will remain open. Tsukiji Market closing dates to the public:
- Tsukiji Tuna Auction is now closed to the public, however, tours with insiders are still available (select tuna auction or fish market and tuna auction only) and VIP tours (see below)
- Last public day to visit Tsukiji Fish Market and the Fruit & Vegetables Market: 29 September 2018
- Last public day to visit Tsukiji Inner Market’s sushi restaurants: 5 October 2018
- After Tsukiji Fish Market closes, there will be tours of Tsukiji Outer Market seafood stalls
- From 11 October 2018, check out our Toyosu Market tours
Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to take a tour of Tokyo’s historic Tsukiji Fish Market and Tuna Auction. Limited tours availibility only!
Get insider information and learn Tsukiji’s secrets with professional, English-speaking guides.
Compare Tsukiji Fish Market Tokyo Tours
Top five rated Tsukiji Fish Market tours (without the Tuna Auction) and their main highlights. Find out more about each tour below the table.
|Tour||Fish Market||Outer Market||Sushi Tasting||Sushi Making|
O = optional or maybe (see each tour below). These eight have achieved the highest ratings and popularity. Only the ‘main highlights’ are in the table; all tours include other features.
Best Tsukiji Fish Market Tokyo Tours
Here’s our pick of the best Tsukiji Fish Market tours (without the Tuna Auction).
1. Tokyo Fish Market Insider Tour and Sushi Workshop
Become a sushi master at this sushi making workshop at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market. Learn from expert Japanese sushi chefs and Tsukiji Market insiders.
- Immerse yourself in Japanese cuisine and culture on this highly regarded tour.
- Discover the whole sushi making process at this masterclass
- Learn how to choose fresh ingredients at the world’s largest seafood market
- Tour Tsukiji’s Fish Market and Outer Market
- Enjoy an all you can eat sushi lunch
- Optional on the day: All you can drink sake
- Duration: 3 hours
2. Tsukiji Fish Market Food and Drink Walking Tour
Discover the delicacies of Tsukiji Market on this seafood lovers tour. Explore the maze of seafood stalls at the Fish Market and Outer Market.
- Sample a variety of seafood at the Outer Market’s vibrant stalls
- See the most bewildering range of seafood at Tsukiji’s Fish Market
- Uncover the rest of the Inner Market stalls: fruit, vegetable and kitchenware
- Learn about the culinary culture of Tsukiji Market
- Eat Tsukiji’s finest sushi and drink sake at an authentic sushi restaurant
- Duration: 3.5 hours
3. 30% OFF Explore Tsukiji Market Fun Tour
Tsukiji Market is an excellent place to explore for food lovers, photographers and people-watchers and all the above. An expert English-speaking guide will take you around the colourful and dizzying array of fresh fish.
- 30% OFF Special Offer! Great value Tsukiji Market tour
- Discover Tsukiji’s famous fish market and the types of seafood
- Learn about the market’s history from a knowledgeable guide
- See the vegetable market and browse the Outer Market’s street vendors
- Recommendations for sampling the best of Tsukiji’s seafood
- Duration: 2 hours
4. 10% OFF Private Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
Visit Tsukiji Fish Market – Japan’s largest seafood market – with a professional, English-speaking guide. Let the ‘Tsukiji King’ reveal all you need to know about the market, including intimate knowledge you will not find in guidebooks.
- Explore Tsukiji’s Fish Market with detailed commentary about the seafood
- Tour the Outer Market’s narrow streets and vendors
- Learn about the market’s background and history
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for after the tour
- Guided by the ‘Tsukiji King’ an expert with deep knowledge of the market and restaurants
5. Tsukiji Market Walking Tour and Rolled Sushi Class
Take a fascinating journey into Japanese cuisine on this combined Tsukiji Market walking and cooking tour. Gain insider insights at Tsukiji Market before making sushi at Japan’s largest cooking school.
- Learn how to make sushi from experienced chefs
- Discover the incredible and exotic range of seafood at Tsukiji Fish Market
- Expert-led tour of Tsukiji Inner and Outer Market
- Receive a gift and certificate
- Enjoy eating the sushi you made
- Optional: Tsukiji Fish Market only available on morning tours
Best Tsukiji Tuna Auction Tours
Top two rated Tsukiji Tuna Auction tours which also include other areas of the market.
6. VIP Tsukiji Auction Insider Tour
Join the ultimate insider and only VIP Tsukiji Tuna Auction tour. Scarce opportunity to visit the fresh tuna auction. Includes hotel pick-up and no queueing or waiting.
Get VIP treatment throughout your tour from Tsukiji insiders.
- Exclusive access to the fresh tuna auction with no other visitors, only buyers and sellers
- Insider talk about the Tuna Auction and Tsukiji Market
- Tour of the Inner Market before it opens
- A supreme tasting session of tuna from the auction, plus sea urchin and oysters
- Hotel pick-up to Tsukiji Market
- Optional: Fish Market included depending on the day
- Duration: 4 hours
7. Tsukiji Tuna Auction Tour
Join the Tsukiji Tuna Auction tour and witness the energy and excitement of the auction. Marvel at this once in a lifetime and rare experience and be one of the people who saw it before it closed.
- Watch the brokers inspect the tuna for quality
- Observe the energy and tension of the Tuna Auction
- Walking tour of inner markets shops, stalls and fruit & veg
- Sushi restaurant recommendation for breakfast
- Learn about the activities & history of Tsukiji Market
- Optional add-on: Fish Market, Outer Market & Tsukiji Shrine Tour
- Duration: 5.5-8 hours
|Tour||Tuna Auction||Fish Market||Outer Market||Sushi Tasting|
O = optional or maybe (see each tour below). These two tours have achieved the highest ratings and popularity. Only the ‘main highlights’ are in the table; all tours include other features.
A brief description of the tour highlights:
- Tuna Auction: Exclusive and limited access to Tsukiji’s famous Tuna Auction. Watch the brokers inspect the tuna followed by the energy and excitement of the auction.
- Fish Market: See the most diverse range of fish and sea creatures at the world’s biggest seafood market. Soak up the atmosphere as 900+ vendors do business.
- Outer Market: Stroll around the bustling narrow lanes of the Outer Market. Shop, eat and drink at over 300 restaurants, food stalls, and culinary and retail shops.
- Sushi Tasting: Eat the freshest and most delicious sushi, all hand-picked by your professional guide. Sample some classic sushi dishes with an option to buy more.
- Sushi Making: Learn how to make nigiri and maki sushi from top quality sushi chefs and Tsukiji insiders. After making your sushi, you can sit back, relax and eat them.