Tokyo is a perfect place to experience sake and the culture of Japan’s iconic drink. From all-you-can-drink, brewery tours and tasting sessions, there’s something ‘sake’ to suit all tastes.
We’ve hand-selected the best tours so you can focus on enjoying the sake.
These five tours have achieved the highest ratings and popularity.
More detailed information about the best sake tours. Enjoy Tokyo’s sake culture with professional, knowledgeable and English-speaking guides.
1. Sake Tasting & Food Pairing with a Sake Sommelier
Discover the world of sake at this unique sake tasting session in Tokyo. Learn from an expert sake sommelier (wine steward) and pair sake with Japanese snacks.
A unique experience to enjoy sake, in the same way, it’s savoured in Japan.
- Learn about sake in a small group with a sake sommelier
- Taste five different types of sake paired with snacks
- Open your mind and change your image of sake
- Create your own sake tasting chart
- Meet Tokyo sake lovers and get some local tips
2. Experience Japanese Sake at a Sacred Place for Sake Lovers
Enjoy the finest sake at this secret izakaya (Japanese style inn) known by the locals as the ‘sacred place for sake lovers’. Taste the different flavours of sake, paired with Japanese food.
A unique experience at a Tokyo members-only restaurant.
- Discover the harmony and spirit of sake and Japanese food
- Enjoy rare sake from a collection of 4,000 bottles
- Sake tasting course and more tasting with your choice of food
- Learn about sake from an expert
3. Sake Brewery Tour Tokyo: Discover Japan’s Hidden World
- Tour the historic brewery and have your photo taken at the symbolic Japanese cedar ball
- Learn how sake is produced and its cultural significance in Japan
- Visit the brewery’s sake museum which displays pictures, bottles, labels and recipes
- Taste different kinds of sake including the award-winning ‘Tama Jiman’
- English and French speaking guide
4. Sake Brewery, Tasting and Tofu Kaiseki Lunch
A certified sake sommelier will guide you throughout your trip.
- Visit a sake brewery in Okutama, a mountainous region west of Tokyo
- Enjoy a premium tofu kaiseki (multi-course) lunch sat overlooking a river
- Tour the sake brewery with an English-speaking guide
- Sake tasting session at minimal prices fresh out of the brewery
5. Sake All You Can Drink
Sake tasting sessions in popular and exclusive Tokyo Sake bars.
- Sake all-you-can-drink – 100 different types for up to six hours
- Bring your own food, find your perfect brew and make new friends
- Four different Tokyo locations for your convenience – Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ueno
- Sake all-you-can-drink – plus extra souvenir and bottle of sake options
Loved the place. Such an awesome experience!! Great value!!! – Klook customer
Sake Tasting and Brewery Tours in Tokyo
Tokyo is the restaurant capital of the world and also has a thriving bar culture. Japan’s capital consumes the highest quality and volume of sake.
The sake experience is more than tasting and brewery tours. Through sake, you’ll go deeper into Japanese history and culture. In Shinto religion, drinking sake brings people closer to Gods.
Japan’s capital is often visitors first stop in the country. A sake tasting or brewery tour is a great way to discover Japanese culture.
Sake tasting is one of the most popular food and drink tours in Tokyo.